My name is Mandy, and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to our loyal followers. I am the brand-new Research Coordinator for Sharp as a Tack. I have been involved with Sharp (for short) since the beginning, starting as a program instructor for three different Chicago schools last spring. Following a three-month hiatus where I did a paid research internship at Youngstown State University in Ohio, I was finally brought on board with J as a full-time employee. I will not only be researching the effectiveness of our programs, but I will also be a regular program instructor.
My hope is that through this research, there can be real steps taken by parents, teachers, and administrators to improve our floundering education system. I have seen our programs work, even in one short semester. In fact, just from working with the kids, I saw an improvement in my own cognitive processing speed! I am certain that through the rigors of systematic scientific investigation I will be able to show not only that our programs work, but also how well and in what areas. I also want to assure our readers that I promise to stay true to the science and resist the temptation to view our results with any bias. In fact, we are considering university partnerships to avoid any question of our results or our intentions.
I am so excited to be a part of the Sharp as a Tack family. It’s rewarding to be involved in a company that has a real impact on the way people learn, in such an immediate way. I really want our research to be useful to educators and parents, and I can’t wait for our results to directly impact the students we seek to help. Here’s to a great school year!
~~~ Mandy ~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment